Terms Of Services
Terms of Conditions of Entry
National Trust of Australia (ACT) - Heritage Polaris 13 April 2024
Terms & Conditions of Entry
In consideration of the payment of the entry fee by me, the Event Organiser hereby permits me to participate in the Event on the following terms and conditions:
1. The National Trust Heritage Polaris (“the Event”) is organised by the National Trust of Australia (ACT) ABN 50 797 949 955 of Unit 2.03, Level 2, Griffin Centre 20 Genge Street Canberra City ACT 2600 (“the Event Organiser”). The Event is a 7 hour (or 3.5 hour for Half HP) mountain biking and navigation event around Canberra and surrounding districts.
2. In this document where the context permits:
a. a reference to a person includes natural persons, partnerships, and bodies whether corporate or otherwise; and
b. a reference to any person includes the directors, partners, managers, officers, employees, contractors, agents and volunteers of the person.
3. I acknowledge that the Event involves the real risk of damage to my property and the property of others and of serious injury or even death to me and others from various causes including but not limited to overexertion; equipment failure; dehydration; accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users; course or weather conditions; and other causes.
4. I have considered any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I accept the risk of participating in the Event, despite these conditions
5. I understand that I should not participate in the Event unless I have an appropriate level of physical fitness.
6. By participating, I accept all risks flowing from my participation in the Event. Accordingly, I release all persons associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in the Event. Without limitation this release shall extend to and include:
a. The Event Organiser,
b. ACT Government, Access Canberra,
c. ACT Forests,
d. Environment ACT,
e. Volunteers associated with organising and running the Event,
f. The Stadiums Authority
g. The National Capital Authority,
h. the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted,
i. any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the Event in any manner whatsoever,
j. promoters, sponsors, and event organisers,
k. medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, and
l. any promoters or sponsors of the Event.
This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
7. I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the Event Organiser in its sole discretion thinks necessary during or after the Event.
8. I consent to Event Organiser using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the Event for promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media and I grant the Event Organiser an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free licence for this purpose.
9. I understand that compulsory insurance cover effected for participants in the Event may not cover me for any or all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
10. Safety precautions undertaken by the Event Organiser (such as course supervision, race safety briefings, bicycle and helmet safety checks) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
11. I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the Event.
12. My registration is non-transferable to other people. If I am unable to compete I will abide by the Refund Policy below.
13. The Event Organiser may at its sole discretion refuse to accept any entry. If the Event Organiser does refuse to accept my entry, I will receive a refund in accordance with the Refund Policy.
14. If the Event cannot be held as originally scheduled, the Event Organisers may at their sole discretion cancel the Event entirely or reschedule the event. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling, the Refund Policy will apply.
15. I agree to abide by the Event Code of Conduct set out below. If the Event Organiser in its sole discretion considers that my continued participation in the Event may pose a risk to myself, to others, or to property, or is in breach of the Event Code of Conduct, or is otherwise undesirable, the Event Organiser may ask me to withdraw from the Event. If so asked, I agree to withdraw in accordance with such request and acknowledge that I will make no claim whatsoever against any party listed in clause 6 in relation to that request and that I will not be eligible for any refund of my entry fee.
16. The Event Organiser may change the event format, course or other event conditions at its sole discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
Event Code of Conduct
All participants agree to:
- Wear a helmet as required by the law
- Have their bike in good repair
- Ride in a safe and courteous manner at all times
- Abide by all Event rules issued by the Event Organiser
- Observe COVID safety advice
- Respect volunteers and other participants
- Abide by all applicable laws
- Comply with any direction given by an Event official during the Event
- Not move, remove or deface any signs, barriers, markers or other Event infrastructure
- Report problems or concerns promptly to an Event official
- Stop riding and seek assistance if feeling unwell, or if injured
- Not act in any way that would bring any of the organisations involved in the Event into disrepute.